Autumn Seminars for Catholic Charities
Both events will follow the programme detailed below:
09:30 - 10:00
- Reception and Refreshments
10:00 - 10:25
- haysmacintyre: A discussion on financial reporting matters relevant to Catholic charities. In Dublin the responsibilities of trustees to Ireland’s Charities Regulator will be covered.
10:25 - 10:50
- Stanley Hicks: Strategic estate management and the pitfalls of charity land ownership.
10:50 - 11:15
- Stone King: The ‘Charity Governance Code’ and what it means to Catholic Charities.
11:15 - 11:35
- Coffee Break
11:35 - 12:35
- Sarasin & Partners: Achieving your investment objective alongside ethical, climate change and stewardship concerns.
- Investment returns: recent history and return projections
- Ethical policy: implementation and impact on returns. Can a more stringent ethical policy improve returns?
- Stewardship: what are the key questions to ask your investment manager?
12:35 - 13:45
- Buffet Lunch
13:45 - 15:00
- Liverpool only. Guided tour of the Cathedral and Lutyens Crypt.